Friday, March 6, 2009

A Valentine/Celebration Wreath

I may be posting this a little late for Valentine but I decided to do so anyway since this wreath can be used decorated in different ways for various holidays and occasions during the year. I still have mine up in the main hallway and looks very decorative. Just like changing the decorations on my year round tree, I could add seasonal or occasional decorative items to give this wreath a meaningful theme throughout the year.

Using a cardboard cake base for the main circle, I also cut some fun foam hearts in white and red and decorated them with designs using gold outliners. Here are some pictures to show the steps I used to make this wreath.








I would like to give credit to Diana Trupiano whose wreath inspired me to recyle one of my cake bases.

Here is the link to her lovely craft... http://www.craftybug.com/freeprojects/valentinewreath.htm

Now what shall we do with the centre part I cut off from the cake base? That is another story and another re-cycling project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, your input and time are greatly appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails