Thursday, April 2, 2009

Verses come like raindrops...

We had been experiencing some warmer days with the onset of spring, days with not much rain and the earth had already started to feel the difference. It was the weekend of our retreat...suddenly a most welcome rainshower refreshed us all...that's what drew me to the back porch where I sat down and wrote...






Raindrops are falling,
My senses renew,
The scent of the first rain
I loved as I grew.
Leaves are greener,
Earth's refreshed,
Your spirit Lord fills our soul
And we are blessed!
Doreen Scerri ©

* * * * *



All clouds are one in the sky above
A blend of subtle grey
Like your blessings, Lord,
so many they are
To gently fill my day.

The warmth of the sun now adds a haze
And grey changes to blue,
My heart feels blessed
with your endless love
My hope, my Lord, is in You!

My day, my space, all I've done and said
To You in thanks I give.
May I, in everything and everywhere,
Praise You for as long as I live.
Doreen Scerri ©

* * * * *



Hopes and wishes,
Thoughts and dreams,
You give me to flavour my life.
In everything
and so it seems
I'm blessed with all my strife:
For no rose is without a thorn
And obstacles need to be overcome ~
I blend my will to yours Lord, today,
May Your will be always done!
Doreen Scerri ©
* * * * *

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts Doreen! They take me back to last week-end and the peace and serenity we felt then. What a blessing to be able to walk through life unwaivering and resolute in not letting anything distract us from our intimacy with Nature and its Creator! Prosit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, your input and time are greatly appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails