Friday, April 10, 2009

Thoughts for Good Friday

Photo courtesy of ChristianPhotos.net



Although Lent may seem a sad time,
we should make it a 'Joyful season of the year',
one that challenges us to renew and strengthen
our faith, hope and love for the Lord.


How often have I tried to do God's will and failed?
Lord help me not to be discouraged by my failures.
Give me strength to persevere,
for I know that not to try harder is the worst "failure".

The above thoughts and prayers are taken from The Stations of the Cross written by Fr. Philip Heng, S.J.

+++++++

God gave me the gift of Himself. Totally.
My challenge now is to accept this gift. Totally.
Hmmmm. Not sure exactly how to do that -
but I am going to pray for you and for me,
that we find out how and do it.
A thought from Sr. Patricia Proctor
~ Franciscan Monastery of Saint Clare, Spokane, USA ~
Send your Greeting Cards from the Franciscan Ecards site http://holyecards.com/
Join to receive Sr. Pat's Joy Notes ~ there is a link on the right side of the page in this link.


We adore you, O Christ, and we praise You
Because by Your holy cross
You have redeemed the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, your input and time are greatly appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails